Friday, October 23, 2015

Why do we always seem to blur the picture?

              I learned something new this morning
                  that I have hear all my life..
    Thanksgiving comes this Sunday for Grenadians. So we get holiday from school on Friday, and the next Monday. We teachers chose to kick off our holiday with getting up at 4:45 and going out to a point overlooking the sea to watch the sunrise.

     Despite it being early and rainy it was well worth it!! Here is the setting for you all to see what inspired my thoughts. I hope you are inspired. Let me know in the comments....



God, No matter what happens.....   (fill in the blanks for yourself)

   * getting use to a different culture      *stress       *fighting thoughts from your past               
           
                            * busy schedule               * trying to make difficult decisions

          I know YOU are still God.
    I feel as though I was able to come to the cornerstone today. And I realized how vitally important it is to base your whole, entire life of off of Him. And when you recognize that then you are more able to live your life the way God intended it go.

   I wish I could talk to the Crystal running around with the cares of school and life and her busy, busy self absorbed habits in tow and tell her to lean on God. It is all that matters. It makes me ache to see her. I wish I could tell her this. How would it change her? and her decisions? The problem is that she can be hard headed and push of convictions to deal with till later.

     When there is time she says. I'm to tired.  

   Life can be scary and decisions that are looming over you can be unnerving. How am I going to handle this? How do I know God is speaking to me.

   I am realizing it s not through a quick thought on the matter and coming up with that ever your feeling at the moment. And its not through obsessively thinking about it either. Its about..
                  BEING STILL and WAITING
empty yourself of your ideas, thoughts and cares. and not fearing what will happen when you are still before Him, and focus on Him.

    Kind of like my camera this morning. With it raining it was a contest to see who could use the lens first the rain to splash on it or me to take the picture. And I would have to continuously stop to wipe it dry.

   The point is..

  When the rain was on my lenses. It couldn't focus correctly or it would fuzz up some of the picture while the rest was fine depending on were I focused. It is ultimately my chose were I focused. The rain or the sunrise. Your own will or Gods will.
 

   It was hard for me to get a picture without at least one drop in it. Which got me thinking. Is it humanly possible to completely rub of the smears?...or will there always be a little still there just because we are human. I don't have the answers for that...but I do know it would take a lot of work to continually die to self.

   Am I willing to be still and let God show me the picture He has for me without smudging it?

                                       ~Crystal
I throw some more pics that I took this morning below.

 the wet rocks and the sea reflecting the morning light.
 our rain cloud mixed with pink clouds and white flowers.
 this crab came out to watch the sunrise I am pretty sure.
 we got to see a rainbow behind us then! :)

 Grenada is a pretty Island!!
    ~OK that's it for now.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment